There are various applications that require good air quality for efficient operation. Thus, these machines have air filters, so the intake air is filtered to keep out dust and other impurities. You might have seen air filters for car engines and air conditioners, which are the most common examples of the use of air filters in everyday life. However, once the air filter is clogged, it affects the functioning of the machine. Therefore, replacement air filters are very necessary. Replace the air filter is not difficult and you can do yourself, if you have a basic idea on the proper technique. This article is about how to change the air filter.
Why and when to replace your Air Filter
In case of air conditioners, air filters clogged can reduce airflow in the building, reduce the effects of cooling, leaving in the dust and other particles in the device and the interior, and can possibly damage others, like the breath of the fan. This causes the machine to use more power for the work and results in soaring electricity bills. Otherwise, you get a supply of air with impurities and allergens. All these factors make it necessary to replace the air conditioning filter regularly. It may also happen that the air filter in your air conditioner is designed for cleaning and restoration after a specified period. You can also replace these filters if they are in very bad condition. In general, it is recommended that air filters in air conditioners must be changed every 30 to 60 days if they are in regular use. You may also refer to the manufacturer's instructions for changing the air filter. Replacement air filter is not a daunting task if you know the right way. The following tips on how to change the air filter can help in this task. To learn more about air conditioning problems.
How to Change Your Air Conditioner Filter
Now you know how often to change the air filter and why such a replacement is necessary. Here are some guidelines on how to change the air filter.
* Close the air conditioning system and try to locate the filter. In the case of a boiler system, air filter is attached to the AC unit itself, but in a forced air system, air filter is usually located over a vent, for where the air is taken in. Usually, the filter being covered by a metal grid.
* Once you have found the air filter, check its size, which may be noted on the side of the device, or call the manufacturer for details of the air filter installed in your air conditioning system.
* Because you get dimensions of the air filter in the system, buying a new of the same size. There are several types of air conditioning filters and you can choose the best for you. Those who live in hot and dusty climates may go for more efficient filters.
* Before removing the old filter system, you should note how the filter is attached to the system and make sure you mark the direction of the air (look for similar marks on the old filter). These details may be necessary when you have to set the new filter.
* Remove the old filter system and clean the grill with a vacuum cleaner. Now set the new air filter in the same manner as the former was attached to the system. Take care of the air flow right, while installing the new air filter. Once the new air filter is fixed, close the cover of the filter carefully.
Now you have a basic idea on how to change the air filter in the house. Air conditioning filters are very cheap and are easy to replace. You can do this yourself if you have some knowledge of how the technique. Replace air filters can be done at intervals or provided by the manufacturer's instructions.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!